Interim Commercial Counsel - Projects
Last updated on 04/07/2018
Location: West Midlands, Birmingham or Bristol
Our client is a global business that is a leader in its field! They seek temporary cover for at least 6 months from an experienced commercial lawyer who has experience supporting strategic transactions such as M&A activity as well as structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements in particular those relating to group IT and procurement. This includes negotiating and advising on terms as well as reviewing current practices and contracts. You may also provide advice on financing documents.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity would appeal to candidates that enjoy handling exciting projects and high end assignments.
- Offer strategic advice to the group on commercial, corporate, compliance and commercial disputes to EMEA businesses
- Draft, review, negotiate and handle an array of commercial agreements including sales, IT, procurement and collaboration
- Advising the business on strategic M&A activity
- Manage disputes and litigation in a commercial, cost-effective manner
- Support HR in regard to advice, contracts and disputes
- Support the business’ compliance department, including the provision of training and the implementation of policies and procedures
- Provide various training to members of staff in the organisation in relation to compliance and regulatory matters
We are looking for:
- A high calibre candidate with a strong academic background
- Qualified at a reputable law firm or in-house
- Ideally at least 5 years PQE*
- Knowledge and experience in commercial and corporate law
- Preferably in-house experience
- Experience in the manufacturing, engineering or similar industry would be preferred
- Must be a robust self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to work in the UK.
*We do not preclude on PQE.
By submitting a job application, you agree to the storage of any personal data provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (in particular professional and other social media) throughout the entire application process (CV, references, letter of application, interviews as applicable). To facilitate subsequent contact for professional purposes only, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The same shall also apply if you are contacted by McKenzie Douglas Ltd regarding vacancies that match your existing profile.