In-House Legal Counsel - FTSE 50 Company - North West
Last updated on 28/03/2019
Location: North West
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a market leading multi-national organisation with operations across five continents.
Our client is seeking to appoint two Legal Counsels to support the business on international operations. These are varied commercial roles, encompassing a wide remit of work. The work is of a very high quality and has substantial international focus. You would be expected to draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts including; supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, distribution agreements. You will also be required to provide support regarding M&A transactions, early stage disputes and ad hoc employment issues. Our client is open to candidates from a variety of legal backgrounds, therefore training will be provided on areas that candidates may not have experience.
- UK qualified lawyer with at least 4 years post qualification experience
- Our client is open minded as to the specialism and background of applicants due to the broad nature of the role. You may be working in a contentious or non-contentious environment, however experience in complex, high value commercial contracts is sought
- The candidate will enjoy a broad remit, having to deal with day to day legal queries in a variety of disciplines
- In-house experience is an advantage but not necessary (secondments or experience working with large, multinational clients, and/or big-ticket projects during private practice)
- International exposure would be beneficial but not essential
- Willingness to learn and develop with the business
- You must be confident, robust and commercially astute
Our client will consider flexible working and possibly part-time hours.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this role isn't right for you but you are still interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please get in touch on 015394 46666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by Mckenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate Mckenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR. Please contact us on email@example.com.