European Legal Counsel - East Midlands
Last updated on 11/06/2019
Location: East Midlands
Market leading manufacturing business with a strong European presence is seeking to recruit a Legal Counsel to its European legal team. Our client is part of a global group whichemploys more than 31,000 people in 30 countries.
As European Legal Counsel you will work as part of an East Midlands based legal team advising the business on legal matters affecting the company across Europe. This will include:
- Flexible and responsive legal advice to all business functions including sourcing, supply chain, finance, ICT, HR, quality and engineers
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with customers and suppliers
- Advice on sale of goods, dispute resolution, GDPR, IT, IP
- Managing local legal advice including management of external lawyers
- Provide training and development in new legal areas and compliance activities
- Admitted as a solicitor or barrister in England or similar jurisdiction
- Minimum of 4* years relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of English contract law
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements including for supply and procurement
- In-house experience a benefit but not pre-requisite
- European language skills helpful but not essential
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solver
- Computer literate
£50,000 – 70,000, dependent on experience plus car allowance, Bupa, pension and 33 days holiday.
If you are interested in the position of European Legal Counsel, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui.email@example.com . If the European Legal Counsel role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by Mckenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate Mckenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.